Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A comedy of errors

Picture it, today, Hot Springs Arkansas. 60 people sitting in the office, waiting for the meeting to begin.




I'm already sitting at my desk when Eva walks in. I "holler" over to her
"we're gonna be so busy today, I don't think we'll have time to go to any bars"




All the eyebrows in the room go up. Thinking "what are these lushes up to everyday?"




What I really meant....was...every morning I make our schedule for the day. So, today ,it was on our schedule to go to bars "to try and get the bar owners to buy the bar we have listed" but , we got so overwhelmed with appointments "we had no time to go to bars"




----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are phenomenally busy and ,of all days ,today is the day they pick Hot Springs Village to go on broker tour.




Which ,in my book is like timbucktoo .And we have 5 houses to look at out there in the boonies.
Well, as much as I was in a hurry and wishing we weren't out there, we did see some awesome houses ...and I mean CHEAP but nice houses. Some even had owner financing. Call us , we can hook you up!




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We finally get done with broker tour.....and we decide to eat lunch downtown, since we have to drive right through there AND we have to go back to the office afterwards and it's close to downtown.




So, I park where I THINK the restaurant is. BUT noooo, I wind up parking way farther away than I thought.




And normally this would be NO problem o.....butttttt today ...it is not good. Cuz ...(Warning TMI: if you are delicate skip this section)




Due to my paralyzed colon....I had taken my "go potty pills " last night , and they hadn't worked yet.




So, there I am ,waiting for the bad news to happen any second ,and having to walk several city blocks to where the restaurant actually was. (not good) And wearing white pants.Even MORE not good.




We get to the restaurant ...and what do we find? Oh , naturally a lovely sign that says"closed Tuesday for kitchen repair"




Well....."frick-a -frow!! $%*()*^%^%#@!!!!! Isn't that special. NOT!!!




So , we walk a few more blocks to another place and our salads turn out to be LOUSY!!!!!
We spend a small fortune for lunch...the "magic " STILL hasn't happened and I get to walk many blocks back to the truck.




AAND, Eva is wearing some brand new spiked heeled shoes to boot.




We were strolling in style, she's hobbling and I'm hoping. (you know, to not crap my white pants)




We manage to make it to the truck .THANK GOD!




Then we head back to the office . We have much paperwork to do. and little time to do it.




Some Realtor asks Eva if she wants to trade some floor time. She go's over to the floor duty
room and I'm sitting at my desk doing paper work. When this guy behind me just blurts out "my mind must be in the gutter"




I politely respond"what?"




"did you hear what she just said?"




me, all doing my work...."yeah, why?" (well, I heard her talking, but I really didn't know what she said)




He goes "she just went in there and said "do I have anything you want?"(she was meaning , some floor time to trade)




It took me a minute to connect the whole "mind in the gutter line of thinking"




Then I said" I doubt if he even made that connection"




(the man in question just doesn't seem like he's hormonally overloaded ) Or maybe he's just a really nice guy. Am I stupid? Or is he just a wolf in sheep's clothing? lol




I think Eva and I are just mentally challenged today. IT gets worse....the whole day has been like this.




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next up , we leave the office and we're supposed to go list this little house. Well , our actual instructions were " call me at 2:00 and we'll let you know when we'll be home, around 3-ish"




WE get in the truck and Eva can't find the guys number to call him. CRAP!




Then we remember that when we originally found his house , it was a f.s.b.o. ,and he had some business cards on his mailbox. So we drive over there, get the card. All the numbers are disconnected.




^&%^$##!!!




We're both frantic because we can't CALL before we just show up at his house. 3-ish.




So, then we drive all the way to my house to get the "for sale" sign that we need to take out to Diamondhead.





On the way to my house it suddenly hits me "good lord! we are retarded! hellllooo! the phone number was right there on the sign in their yard!!!!"




We go get the sign from my house, curse ourselves for our (rather young senility) and then drive allllll the way back to their house to read the phone number off the huge sign in the yard. DOH!!!




Awright....I must go to bed....later peeps!

11 comments:

Oldy said...

my time is wrong on this thing , it says 8:33 it's really 12:33

Anonymous said...

Duh....WHY would you wear white pants in the first place! black, darling....you have them. Janice

Anonymous said...

Knowing how my house gets messy, especially this time of the year with so much yard work, AS SOON AS YOU HANG UP MAKING AN APTMENT, CALL ME !!!

SOUL said...

ya...that sounds about like my day...uh...LIFE. WTH?
family curse perhaps?

Anonymous said...

Sat down for a 5 minute break. I always knew you were a lush! That WAS cute! Janice

Anonymous said...

and you "scofed" at me for all the emergency "runs" I had..... so did you finally make it... tell evea hi....

Anonymous said...

I hope you're dressing more professional now and now wearing black jeans and combat boots! or smoking around clients like a scumbug like you did when we went to see the house in Heber! Looking more professional might help you get more listings. When you settle for less, that's what you get. Janice

SOUL said...

things that make ya go hmmmmm.

Oldy said...

well, today i am wearing capris, an orange blouse and wedge sandals.i wish i was wearing boxer shorts and flip flops.

depends on the people wheather i smoke or not. some people are ok with me being a scumbag.

good luck today!

Anonymous said...

Outfit sounds cute. Mary Kay had on capris recently. NO, if they're nice they may say ok to smoke just to BE nice! so, hold off -- scumbag! going back out. ACT it's hot! me

Anonymous said...

still waitin on the update hawg