Saturday, January 27, 2007

Rain and wrecks

Where to begin…. Ok…I tried to find some open houses to go to.

Apparently they are mostly on Sunday.

I tried to get all ready for my day of window washing. It decided to pour rain all day. ;0

So I straightened the house up and decided to check out the thrift store. Well before I get to the first one I see this green car, spin out and go spinning over the curb, up onto the sidewalk, then it continued spinning ..It hit a pole; I was sure it was going to shear off a fire hydrant, but somehow it spun back into the street instead and came to a screeching halt. I pulled over and I had seen that somehow a black truck had been involved …but I didn’t “witness “the part of who hit who or anything. So once I saw some people go to the green car. I went ahead and left. I wasn’t really a witness to anything but the aftermath.

So I go to a couple thrift stores. I found a few magazines, a temporary brief case thing and a brand new pair of pants. SCORE!!!

Then I get back by Central Avenue. I’m about to turn left to head towards home. And this real old uhaul (turned into a flatbed) and stacked with bales of hay starts to turn left…spins and bales of hay topple everywhere. Blocking both left turn lanes.

Might as well sit back and relax in the traffic jam and enjoy the rain. :)

An old man gets out and starts moving bales of hay to the center divider of the road .then this young kid about Three’s age, comes over to help him, the kid had been pumping gas across the street.

So I sat and enjoyed this show of humanity, while the two of them moved about 50 bales of hay. It was really very touching. What a nice kid.

There was no way the guy could get them all stacked back up on the truck .(he had to have used a ladder or two ,to get them stacked up there.)

So, when I was finally able to turn left, I saw the old man drive off and leave the hay there. I imagine he had to come back for it.

I decided I better go home before these drivers kill someone! Namely ME!

Then I had to take the back way because Central was all clogged up with lights and sirens by the race track. Some one probably got ran over again, right there.

I went and ate lunch (near home) lol then went to hobby lobby and Kroger and came home. I just spent the last 2 hours watching some movie called “Save the last dance”

It was o.k.

It was actually sponsored by KLEENEX and was called the “Kleenex tear jerker movie”

I must be jaded. Because nary a tear even welled up in my eyes.

I swear, when it rains…no one in this town can drive!!!I think I forgot to mention the other day when I went to lunch, I was leaving and this old lady who was shuffling along like a snail asked me if I could help her. I thought she meant holding the door open (so she could carry her to go box) I stand and hold the door open for about 5 minutes. She’s made it about 4 feet, (half way to the door) when she asked someone else “are you in a terrible hurry? Can you help me?”

Turns out, she needed help carrying the to go box to her car.

I sat in the truck and watched her for 10 more minutes while she prepared to DRIVE the car home!!! She was a deadly accident waiting to happen. It would take her 10 minutes to look in the rear view mirror!

THIS is why Hot springs has an extraordinary number of accidents which ARE fatal …..that statistically should not have been fatal.

I read that somewhere. (oh shut up) I just don’t remember where. It was like the Highway Patrol’s website…or something official like that.

No comments: