Friday, September 14, 2007

I've been the only girl in the house for 30 years and I still don't know shit about men.

Why Women Cry




A little boy asked his Mom, "Why are you crying?"

"Because I'm a woman," she told him.


"I don't understand," he said.


His Mom just hugged him and said, "And, you never will."

Later the little boy asked his Dad, "Why does Mom seem to cry for no reason?"


"All women cry for no reason," was all his Dad could say.

The little boy grew up and became a man, still wondering why women cry.

Finally he put in a call to God. When God got on the phone, he asked, "God, why do women cry so easily?"

God said:

"When I made the woman she had to be special. I made her shoulders strong enough to carry the weight of the world, yet gentle enough to give comfort.

I gave her an inner strength to endure childbirth, and the rejection that many times come from her children. I gave her the sensitivity to love her children under any and all circumstances, even when her child has hurt her very badly.

I gave her a hardness that allows her to keep going when everyone else gives up, and that hardness can take care of her family through sickness and fatigue without complaining.

I gave her strength to carry her husband through his faults and fashioned her from his rib to protect his heart. I gave her wisdom to know that a good husband never hurts his wife, but sometimes tests her strengths and her resolve to stand beside him unfalteringly.


And finally, I gave her a tear to shed. This is hers exclusively to use whenever it is needed."


"You see my son," said God, "the beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart - the place where love resides."




~ author unknown ~



Tears are strength.







This was me today ...only I was much fatter.


I woke up with an email from a child of mine, totally hating on me for trying to do "something" I thought was the right thing to do.








Then I tried to do the stripes in my hair (while crying)








The damn stripes are not as dark as my stinkin roots!!!. ack!!














see, my hair has oddly after 40 years of (ok, 45) straight ,turned curly.
wth???









By the time i quit bawling and set out to do my errands. In front of me on the freeway , i noticed a truck that said "Purple heart , wounded in combat"
It was a BIG sticker , so I couldn't help notice it. But automatically , i assumed it was an old man.




So I do my errands, and of course I go to one yard sale and the thrift stores....oh shut up.

This is all i found....






Cheap sparkling baubles














more of the same

















A whole bag of hair bows for a buck fifty....retail is 5 bucks a piece!!!SCORE!!











a weird stone egg and some fall stuff.$2.25
:)






Then I ate lunch and went to Kroger .And what do i see at Kroger?
the same truck I saw earlier , with the Purple heart sticker. Only this time i see the "old man " getting into it. It is a young guy as old as my kids , with 2 prosthetic feet.

Now, i am really "weepy"

I tried to look up the kid , I had no luck ,but I did find this (about another young war veteran)

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/03/28/MNSOLDIERS28.DTL

It's long , but well worth the read.

Note to all my sons: (and everyone else I know) COUNT your blessings!!!And cherish your people.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I received an email back, from my child. In which , everything I had said was wrong. so, really, I'm stymied. I don't even know what to say ......without being offensive.Why can't we all just get along????


Then i watched "children of men" a very depressing movie. The ending totally sucked.










Evan more of this...ensues......









Then I found out that one of the competitors for one of our listings (a 210,000 lisitng) just sold today for 185,000.And IT had a boat dock.OURS does not.
Then ...that made me realize that I have been working my ass off at this job for 8 or 9 months now .......and I have still made no money . And everyday .....is more dismal in the Real Estate department.






More of this ...only fatter.









Ok, I warned you all it was a BAD day.

So, enough about that.

On to the cat pics.






"don't be looking at those shoes!!!"















"I've got him pinned babay!!!"















"ha ha ha ". *juvenile glee*











"i'm whippin' this old man"














"Really , I am comfortable...sitting here like a stiff dog"















I do tooo fit in this bed!!!!"

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

your hair doesn't look bad....i love the poem... give the kittys hugs

Anonymous said...

oh did ya get the hair clippy things...and the perls... i like the perls too... heck you should just open your own damn thrift store...

SOUL said...

well, don't you feel special...i came here first today.. and thank you for starting my zero dark thirty saturday on such a positive note!

kidding. sorry you had such a bad day. but really, if it's any consolation... yes , the hair doesn't look bad..at all. except for the damn LICE. stop that! LOL

i hope you have a better day today... can you take the boat out today, maybe with some friends?? i hope so. you obviously need to have some FUN! R &R so to speak.

posts like this make me glad that you have your boogers. it really would be tough to not have your precious cats. animals are amazing cratures aren't they? God sure knew what he was doing when he gave them to us. and greatfully he allowed them to NOT talk back... at least when they DO... we can only laugh and taunt them... not get heart broken like when our kids do it. eh?

i have some red christmas ball ear rings exactly like those! i can't wear them though.. they hurt my ears! perhaps i could have them dipped in gold?

anyhow.. the purple heart guy... yes, you know that one struck a chord with me. as i walk the halls of VA hospitals ...everywhere... i see so many young people..men and women... "like that" or worse"///
breaks my heart. but makes me proud. of them..and America.

(crap..somethin is wrong with my puter..it's on battery! and dyin fotta post b4 this gets lost !
luv me

SOUL said...

phew.. glad i saw that battery warning.. kid had unplugged my damned extension cord! the battery on this damm thing only lasted like fifteen minutes then boom..shuts off..then everything is gone forevah.
anyhow.. off to cruise in the batmobile.
i bet all of blogland is still sleeping. as i SHOULD be, but am i ? noooooo.

i wonder if i will clean my house... or fish today ? ya know..the sun will be up in a very short while.. and as bad as the fishin has been.. i just don't think i can stop myself from trying!

help me!

Anonymous said...

PS.........I told you before LEAVE THAT FRICKING HAIR ALONE!!!!!!!!! It's like a doctor trying to work on himself........geeeeeezuz

Anonymous said...

I finally read your sister's blog. Usta think you were somewhat radical but man, you are Emily Post compared with your sis. Just sayin'. G5

Oldy said...

soul:

your welcome. lol
not sure if it's gonna be boat weather yet or not. but i do have a fun filled day of cleaning planned. and i need to get my fall decor out of the attic. always fun to go up there. not!
yes, my cats are my kids that never talk back. lol
yeah, i could imagine what you must see at v.a.
it breaks my heart too. AND makes me proud.
God bless them and AMERICA bab-beee!

i also get to learn how to do a virtual tour today . cuz tomorrow i must do one for Frankenstein.
OOOHHH fun!

laters, luv me

SOUL said...

who is frankenstein?

and hey... if hubby says leave your hair alone... go to a salon..and have someone do it for you ya knucklehead!!! man. apparently you could have a hair fairy and hubby wouldnt care.
bwa haha
bte
did u call me the unibomber? LOL
thank you , thank you very much.

SOUL said...

G5.....
am i to flattered or insulted???
i think it has just been insinuated that i have no ... "cooth"?
hmmmm...
interesting.
care to elaborate?

Anonymous said...

Listen to your hubby since u don't listen to me when I tell you! In my younger poorer days I'd color my own hair. NEVER again! Mlou always tell me she does her own hair and it's at least 3 colors! 'look at that hair . . . look at that hair'. Long day working 2day when you're not used to it! Me and my big mouth, I told Jenniofer I'd keep the kids 2night! May screen and not answer my phone. auntie j

Oldy said...

Soul and auntie j...

I don't know if "being radical" is insulting either. lol i wonder what that means.
I WOULD elaborate if I knew what it meant. I'm not sure who Emily Post is. :-)

yes , twas i ,that called you the unibomber. If the shoe fits...Smeagol. LOOLLOOLOOLL

Whooo, thanks, I needed that laugh.:)


Here is what my spouse said about my hair issue....

first...this was the conversation:

HIM:
PS.........I told you before LEAVE THAT FRICKING HAIR ALONE!!!!!!!!! It's like a doctor trying to work on himself........geeeeeezuz

ME:
DO YOU WANT ME TO GO SPEND 60 OR 70 BUCKS ON IT?

HIS REPLY (no mention of money)

"As far as the hair......at the risk of repeating myself LEAVE THAT SHIT ALONE!!!!! Leave it alone means stop changing it, stop screwing around with it.......whatever.

If your going to go have your roots colored make sure it is someone that looks like they have experience.........don't be afraid to ask for someone else or just wait till I get there and I'll tell them."

See why I love my little Captain?
He's willing to fight for my roots.

:-)))

SOUL said...

have stez do your hair... he hasnt screwed ours up yet.

if the shoe fits? how the hell do you figure? geesh... i don't even kill FISH!
unibomber... geesh.

anyhow.. my head is throbbing and i am half asleep.
i need to get offa heah soon, before i post something, and don't remember til i find it in the morning. ack, i hate when that happens.
nite