Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Chicago :part 3

Well today was the day I had to go drop off the truck to have it fixed.The damage from my spouses fender bender.


So , did that and went and got my rental car. Holy crap! It's a wonder I made it home. lol
I'm scared to death to drive it. Here's what they gave me.





also ,no smoking in the thing or they charge ya 50 bucks. gah!!




Ok, well ...back to my trip to Chicago.


We arrived on Thursday .We check in and the hotel is doing some construction by the front door. So we had to walk for what seemed like miles ,to get to our room.
This was the only smoking room they had ...which my sister seems to forget.


Within moments , we find a condom laying on the floor. we were on the 7th floor. So the window would only open about 2 inches. with 2 of us smoking, you can imagine how pleasant the air in there was.


We were too pooped to do anything that night. So the kids came over and we just sat around talking .


Friday ,we got up and headed for the burbs. First stop was the international grocery store. I wish I would have had a whole extra suitcase so I could have really stocked up.
Next stop were a few thrift stores , before lunch. The we met my friend H and my youngest child for lunch at Rosatti's . It used to be our favorite dive when we lived there.


Then we thrift shopped until about 4:30 ..then off to the Casino.
My sister played roulette a couple times. I just couldn't bear to lose 20 bucks that fast. lol


My entire gambling budget WAS 20 bucks. :) so I played nickels ,dimes and quarter slots.
I quit when I won my 20 dollars back.
Then we went to the Casinos "crab leg and prime rib Buffet"
It was not as good as we had hoped.
My sister actually won 89 bucks.I never win. I know to quit while I'm ahead.


Back to our dump of a hotel. Mind you , this was a Sheraton! But it was really awful. 80's decor. stuffy, and a small dirty room. She found a big stain on the floor which looked just like a huge puddle of blood. ack!


Then the kids came over and hung out with us.


I could NOT sleep at all.


Saturday, my middle son came and met us at the hotel and then we were off for Chicago.
We went to Navy Pier. Since I have been there , they now have a stained glass museum.
We walked all the way down to the end of the pier. It was windy and I was freezing. I know that was just the beginning of the freezing yet to come out there. ack!


I had to wear earmuffs!



We wanted to go walk down Michigan Ave. and see the Christmas decorations in all the store windows. But after eating at Bubba Gumps and walking around Navy Pier ,we were not up to that.


At Bubba Gumps we had the same waiter that we had like 5 years ago. He has really long dreadlocks. My sisters new boyfriend. lol


So, we drove around Chicago and took pictures. then back to the hotel.


I can not even remember what we ate for dinner that night. senile. lol


The kids hung out pretty late and again, I could not sleep!


The next morning we drove out to the burbs and picked up the youngest son and had another LONGGGG day. we ate at a truck stop and drove all over the place.


Then back to our smoke filled room. We watched the rest of the Bears game and son 3 went and picked up Chicago beef sandwiches at Lou Malinatis.


The just more hanging out. the kids and I played some rummy . We were just too tired to do anything.
What a couple of old hags we are. lol


The next day was our flight home. We really needed a few more days. I would have liked to go to Ikea and woodfield mall.
And seen more of H and her lil girl.


The traffic was just as horrific as I remembered. But it was nice to see civilization.A super target on every corner. Restaurants galore. :))


And luckily ,I had no hangups or searches at the airports. Everything went pretty smooth . All in all ,it was a good trip. Just too short and that God awful hotel .
It was great to see my babies and my friend and my sitah.

It was also great to get home. lol Like they say "there's no place like home" :))

Well, I'm going to clean my house now and may unpack my suitcases. Then I'll be off to do my errands ,while shivering in fear ,driving that gigantic truck. :)

Have a great day ya;ll ! Luv me

10 comments:

SOUL said...

glad you had no hangups at the airport----my airport endevours sucked...every one of them! so good for you.
i know you are happy to be with your babies---i am toooo.

Oldy said...

yeah, i don't know if i'll ever feel "back to normal" though. man ,i am whooped.
i bet you are too. what have you been doing since you got home?

luv me

Anonymous said...

I never seen such enthusastic people after a vacation! Glad I didn't go!

desert dirt diva said...

sounds like a good trip, still don't no y you didn't get a diffrent room.. i would have, at least tried.. well take care and good luck with the truck...

SOUL said...

since i have been home---i have done NOTHING! recovering...and i still hurt all over.
hubby has been cooking and cleaning and running my errands the last 2 days.
my laziness comes to a hault today. ugh.

DD--- there were rooms we coula moved to---but she was "already unpacked"!!! dontcha know???
ugh...never again.

i'm surprised i didn't die!!! lol

Anonymous said...

oh please ..that room wasn't fatal. lol
j ...you would have had fun. we can't help it, we're just whiners. :)

myomyohi said...

Love the pigtails, the architecture, and I'm glad you got to spend some short but good time with 2 and 3. Take me next time.

Anonymous said...

myoh! thanks! i will do that.
:))

SOUL said...

do what?

SOUL said...

oh...DUH...ok.

and i didnt just mean the room ....
the walking too... etc. you wore me plum out. :))