Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Crazy pink afro head...

This morning I finally gave in to Cavutos 2 hour tirade of trying to wake me up.
I had a total of 4 hours of sleep. Gah!

Today was our meeting and broker tour. So ,naturally,since I NEED TO BE SOMEWHERE ,EARLY.....

I wake up with a hair day from hell.








I had to start from scratch.



Chicken scratch.LOL


Then the joy of trying to find something to wear.
Why oh WHY ? did I ever criticize and mock mu mu's ??
They should come back in style right???....right???


Today was also the day i had planned to tell my boss the upcoming news. But...never got to catch him alone.
Bummer. :()


After the meeting Eva and I went to starbucks and commiserated over the real estate situation.


Then I came home and had all this mess waiting for me. I gazed around at it and said to myself
"oh I think you should go run your errands and tackle the business stuff ,before you try to tackle THIS"


So I go run my errands ,eat lunch, then go to walmart . For, diet coke. yeah..diet coke..that's it.



A few months ago ,in a magazine or something, I saw this pink Christmas tree with black ornaments. It was the cutest thing I had ever seen!

It was so dazzling to me. It was like all my unfulfilled childhood dreams wrapped up in pink fluffy glory.

There I am in walmart , buying out the mens underwear department ..and getting diet coke...and what do I see?



OMG! It's my dream tree! It's only 4 feet tall, (so they say)


All reason and common sense go out the window.


Self: (probably outloud) "you do not need a damn pink tree. you don't even have anywhere to put it"


Crazy leftover childhood self: "shut up you mean bitch! I MUST have that tree!I will FIND somewhere to put it."


I tried to stop her, but she just took over.


I cringed in shame the whole time.


"excuse me , where do you have those pink trees?"


"did you look over on the shelf and outside?"


"yes, there are none there."


"oh, I guess that must be the last one."


* she shudders in horror! *
"CANT I BUY THIS ONE?"


"yeah, but the lights don't work"


"oh ,that's ok, I don't care"
(MUST HAVE THIS TREE,must have this tree!!!!!)


I /we am now the proud/giddy /delirious owner of a naked pink tree with non working lights.

WOO HOOO!!!!
I'm so excited!!!! :))))





Lena's desperation black olive tapenade recipe

Use Kalamata olives ..if you can find them in Arkansas:)
1 can of black olives (drained)
1 tbsp. capers
1tsp. anchovy paste
1 tbsp. minced garlic
2 tbsp. dijon mustard
3 tbsp. olive oil
I just threw it all in my electric chopper, chopped it ,stirred and refrigerated.
Could also chop it all on slow, in a blender.








Excuse me, there's a giant in MY bed!












you guys are sooo embarrassing.....















I knew I could fit in here with him.....









Good evening ya'll !!!

luv me and the knuckleheads :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the tree! Glad you listened to your inner self. Would you not have LOVED it as a child? Janis Farr is 45 and she has a barbie tree. Make it your childhood dream, later you could give to your granddaughter. Do remove lights if they don't work. CUTE pc of cates. Monkey is soooo funny!

Jamie said...

I love the pink tree! I have never seen one before---or a black one for that matter, but I don't get out much---lol. It looks like a Christmas wonderland in your place, how on earth do you keep the kitties out of it all? That will be a new problem for me this year---??

Oldy said...

simonsays, Thanks!

I don't get out much either. lol I think I first saw the pink and black trees in Domino magazine.

I fell in love:)

Keeping the kitties out of the decor? hmmm... well, if yours are young , they will be more of a problem. Just don't put glass or ornaments you really care about on the bottom 3rd of your tree. And regardless of how old they are, don't use icicles. (those long foil strings) Those can kill cats.

Mine are bad about chewing on fake pine needles and then gagging on them and puking them back up somewhere,usually on my carpet:)
And they have been known to knock things over. I just grab the camera and try to see the humor in it:)

Hope you're feeling good today!!

I'm off to black friday:)