Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Child labor rocks my world!!

On Tuesdays Eva usually brings her daughter Firefly, with her. As she did today.


Anyhow ,at lunch ,eva tells this coworker of ours that just had surgery ,that she will go to the place the girl works and get her paycheck and go put it in the bank for her.



(on top of all the other stuff she had to do) :)


So I jokingly said "crap, i was gonna offer to pay you to help me clean my garage."



Firefly says"ooh! i'll help you!"


score!!!


So from about one to 7 I had Firefly ....and ta da....
$15.00 worth of 12 year old labor



and we got all the boxes up in the attic,

decorated and put up the outside tree,

put the lights on the top of the kitchen counters

And managed to go to petco and books a million.



then Floozie2 came over for a while


and we were watching "prancer" on t.v. when eva finally came and got her.









Remember THIS?

















TA DA!!!!!




















And TA DA!!!!




Thank you Firefly!!!!!


There is no way in hell I could have done that by myself!!!











"what?it's a BOX. don't you realize how exciting that is???"









Also told my boss today about our upcoming move.


Friday will be my last chance to make any money off any of my listings.

QUICK !!! go buy a bar or a house.:)

get 'em while they're hot :) have a great night y'all! Luv me

14 comments:

desert dirt diva said...

looks great but i canot believe you only paid her 15... she was worth at least 20....oh well your christmas is not rubing on yet.. Help.....i am hating this christmas more and more bye the friggin day.. but yet i will not let onto my kids.. not to worry...

desert dirt diva said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Oldy said...

who deleted their comment???

ddd... I said she was HERE from 1 to 7 .
we probably only spent an hour working. i thought that was good pay for a 12 year old. and I also gave her one of the big beanie babies to give her little sister for christmas.

at petco ,i just now found out that mice have enormous testicles! why , in 44 years ...did no one ever tell me this??? lol

we also went shopping and watched t.v.


i enjoyed hanging out with her. :)

come on grand daughters! lol

quit hating on christmas.

start making your scroll kits. lol

luv me

Jamie said...

You got a LOT done! It looks great! I am sooo envious of your energy.

Your decorations look wonderful, and I am in love with your kittys. :)

SOUL said...

i'm with you DD...
el cheapo oldy... good lord you are stuck in the past MORE than I am!!!
6 hours and all that work!!!
ugh. if i was eva i'd be pissed. LOL

anyhow. ok you gave her toys. but still. c'mon. i paid YOUR kids more than to babysit their own cousin...for LESS time than that!!!
and she was sweet then. LOL

ok.
ok
i'll stop.

DD... why the hatin on christmas???
everyone knows why i get so evil... but why YOU???

go look at mouse balls at pet co..perhaps it'll help???
or maybe hang some on your tree???

LOL
yes, why yes, i am on a couple pain pills... maybe i should take this useless energy and wash my dishes with it. ya think?
nah... maybe i'll just throw the damned things in the trash so i won't have to move them.
now that sounds like a PLAN!!!
bye

Oldy said...

soul....did you not read this

"we only worked for an H o u r"

15 bucks , for ONE hour of work.

I wasn't going to pay the child for taking her shopping. lol

did you do your dishes or throw them away?

i'm off to get some mouse balls:)

myomyohi said...

Soul moving too?

myomyohi said...

I say when you start peeking under rat tails, you need a young boy toy, or maybe two!

Oldy said...

MYO : yes Soul is moving because they foreclosed on her landlord . naturally they did not inform HER until the last second.
She'll pay you if you want to go pack for her. LoL
i can't do it because i have to move my own damn self. :)

I was NOT peeking under rat tails. lol
Picture it, me and a 12 year old , looking at the the cute furry creatures at petco.

Frankly , the ones with tails gross me out. But they did have these adorable little furry things with NO tails .either a dwarf gerbil or hamster or something like that.
She wanted one sooooo bad . She was even trying to make ME get one.
I said "my husband would killl me! and , as cute as it is, if it actually got on me , I might be screaming my head off in terror."

Then , we get to the mice cages. There were 2 of them , the mice were running wild. crazy franic. Tons of them ,on the little wheel running like maniacs.

Firefly "these are sold for food"


me: seeing this huge tumor looking thing on the back end of one

"OMG that's so sad . and look that one has a huge tumor."

ugh hum....those are their balls. then I see that they alll have the huge tumor.

I was shocked! Eva called me and I said "why did you not tell me that mice had huge balls?"

She laughed and said "I didn't know that you didn't know"

Well color me stupid.
And pass the glitter ,I'm hanging some mouse balls on my tree. :))))

This is so long, consider it my update.

luv me

desert dirt diva said...

omg yes i know what the vermin testies look like i used to raise mice.. y u ask would i raise mice , for no other reason that they are cute.....the reason i am not loooking forward to christmas is the kids and ALL the I wants this and that.. my god .. the only grateful child i ever had who enjoyed christmas was my oldest...my son for the most part.. my 3 youngest are spoiled, thanks to there dad!!!!

desert dirt diva said...

P.s. what are scroll kits?

Oldy said...

DD ,

Once when we were kids, my mom was totally broke on Christmas. i believe we were actually living in the "rancho Bakersfield " motel at the time.

My mom happened to have a friend (a woman) who was a pentecostal preacher. So she hooked her up with these "scroll kits " to give us for Christmas.

A scroll kit is basically ,2 twigs and a long piece of paper.

you write bible verses on the paper ...and roll it up on the two twigs . you got yourself a scroll baby!!!
LOL

Tell your kids, quit being greedy or all you're gonna get is a scroll kit!!:)

SOUL said...

my damn dishes still await... either for me to wash and pack them...and use disposables til moving day-----or trash them ALL!!!
i'm debating---but you know me..i am too frugal to really toss em. so eventually i will wash em. UGH...and i dont wanna!!!! call the whaaaambulance! or a maid!!!

DD//// i have heard NOTHING but IWANT--- for ten years!!!! so i understand.

scroll kits. OMG. we've come a loooong way baby!
latah.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I cannot laugh about scroll kits. I was too poor for the paper to make one! We wrote and drew in the dirt. But, all of us are good artists!